What is Supermoon?
Supermoon is a beautiful natural phenomenon when the moon comes closer to earth making it look bigger than normal. Also, the moonlight is bright making the view quite soothing. One such view occurred on 14th of November 2016. On this particular day, it was more interesting to know it was one of the biggest Supermoon to be observed in quite a few years when the next such view is expected in 2034. 14 percent bigger moon was 30 percent brighter than usual.
A day before I was trying to observe the sky but it was full of clouds. It made me a bit worried if I would get a chance to observe the Supermoon. I was very cold and wind was piercing through the jacket.
After I returned from the college looking up the sky, I was very happy. ITS CLEAR SKY!!! yuhooo. Paddling as fast as i could, I cycled to my hostel, I reached to my camera as soon I could. Surprise over it....Moonlight was shining through my window. This meant that there is no need to go out in this chilling cold weather and I could click the moon right through my window. Special thanks to 'Clouds' that they made this possible. (If you don't know about Udine, it rains quite often here and hence clouds and rain are friends of Udine).
Clicked using my Panasonic Lumix LZ40.
 |
| Super moon lighting up Udine, Udine castle is right below the moon. |
The best thing about my camera is 42x optical zoom feature, with 80x optical zoom support. To capture a better picture of the moon I went with full 80x zoom with stability provided by a tripod stand.
 |
| The moon view from Udine, Italy during Supermoon day 14th November 2016, 80.0x zoom from my camera, |
Though when I took these pics the cold wind kept trying to enter my cozy little room, but efforts were worth the view.
Comments
Post a Comment